Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sooooooo......

As Paula pointed out to me Sunday night I am starting to show. I just feel pudgy and fat! It's not as if I am slim. I was ONCE! In like the 7th,8th, and starting of 9th grade. But since then I have had more than enough to hold on to! It seems that every year I make these promises to myself that I will get in better shape, move more, eat better, yadda, yadda, yadda!

So it seems really kind of weird with all my extra baggage that I would all of a sudden feel self conscious when someone points out that I am starting to show. This is a good thing! A great thing! This baby is something that Dominic and I have worked and prayed really hard for. The last five years have been a lot of stress and me not always being the nicest(I know that this is a shocker for you all!) person to be around.

So, what is my freaking problem? You would think that I could get over myself or realize that showing is actually a good sign! But no, what am I worried about? All those people who pass me in a store, or while I am driving or people that don't know I am pregnant and they look over and see this gushy blob of a stomach that I have and think, "Gee, that chic is fat!"

O.k. I just needed to vent, everyone please forgive me for my extreme shallowness and just tell me to shut the hell up. I know I am crazy as well!!! No comments on my complete retardedness from the peanut gallery!

3 comments:

The Austin's said...

Crazy? No. Anyone who has ever been pregnant has felt that exact same way, no matter the size to begin with. I am so happy for you.

Erin said...

am I peanut gallery...i don't know...but it is completely normal to be really self conscious about ANY weight gain when you are pregnant..Matt once ( and I mean once ) told me I was beached.... love you and congrats

Megan said...

You are not crazy. The changes that our bodies go through are crazy! I told you before when I was prego with myles people said at about 15 weeks (mind you I had already gained 20-25 pounds) "Wow you are really looking pregnant." So up to that point people just thought I was fat... nice... I am sure that you are beautiful. I am just so excited for you. Hope you are feeling better. Love ya, M