Thursday, July 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Megan!















Who could ever imagine two 8th grade girls, more worried about boys and clothes than making lasting friendships would still be best friends eighteen years later! I am so grateful everyday that you noticed my little brother and had the forethought to wonder if being my friend would get you closer to him (sorry I know this is embarrassing). Look at how are lives have changed in those eighteen years....


5 1/2 kids


10 major (city to city) moves (I think?)


God knows how many apartments and houses?


God also only knows how many hair colors and styles


3 weddings


births and deaths


drama, drama, drama


And through it all you have been my best friend. I feel like I should recite my friendship vows here...


I take you Megan to be my best friend, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, in good times and bad, though all the drama and bulls**t that comes our way. I am so lucky to have you as my emotional life boat and I swear to be the dingy that keeps you afloat! I also swear to always take your side in any arguments with our husbands and to always have your back when it comes time to throw down with any soccer mom who does you wrong! This I solemnly swear from this day forward until death do us part!


I love you and hope you have a great Birthday!


Love your Soul Sister!










3 comments:

paula said...

Happy Birthday Megan! We need to get together and celebrate. I miss you. Love you girl.

susie said...

Love it....Happy Birthday Megan!

The Austin's said...

Love the vow! Happy B-day Megan!