Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's a BOY!!!

We are so excited! We can now start to pick out names and decide on all the other fun things like colors for the nursery.

Our ultrasound was last night and let me tell you I am a total cry baby! It was so amazing to me to be able to see all the wonderful little movements and to realize that this is all happening inside my body! The ultrasound tech was great! She spent almost an hour with us explaining all the different things she was measuring and what each little part was. Who knew that you could see the little bladder, kidneys, adrenal glands, and the diaphragm. Of course we got to see his wonderful little heart beating. This really brought tears to my eyes! She asked us just prior to revealing the sex of the baby what we were hoping for. We were holding hands and at the same time we both said healthy! After waiting five long years for this it was a moment full of anticipation! Of course when she told us it was a boy we were both overjoyed! I just kept thinking to myself how wonderful this feeling was, we were having a baby boy! I just kept squeezing Dominic's hand and in that moment I have never felt more love for him or such a connection to him! Tears were just running down my face and I couldn't stop laughing!

Our little boy it about seven inches long from head to butt. She said that he probably weighs about nine to eleven ounces. Not quite a can of pop. She also said that his heart rate was right on target at 156. The tech also said that my due date is right about 2/20/09. So a little bit of a change there. She said that everything looks wonderful and he seems really healthy. The only thing that she was unable to measure was his nose and mouth which they need to check for cleft lip and palate. By this point in the ultrasound he was tired and was hiding his face in my placenta. We tried to jiggle him free or wake him up but after about ten to fifteen minutes we decided that we would give it a pass. She said not to worry, but she will have us schedule a follow up ultrasound for about 4-6 weeks. This will be really interesting to see how much he has changed. We also follow up with the doctor on 9/25 so I will post an update then.

I will also post some pictures of the ultrasound later this evening so stay tuned!

3 comments:

paula said...

I am so excited! CONGRATS!

justin said...

OH- I'm so happy for you guys! Now when I see something cute for a baby boy I will have a reason to buy it. Congratulations!! Susie

The Austin's said...

I am so excited for you. Boys are so great. I am so glad the little guy is doing so well. Congratulations!!! :)